*** Last updated: November 3, 2020 ***
Please Google responsibly. Stay away from anecdotes- they tend to make people scared. Focus on numbers and the big picture. Medical information can be daunting, scary and confusing. Feel free to forget the googling and just have a discussion with your doctor. We’re here to help!
Below are some of the resources I used to create my posts. Things are being updated constantly so I apologize if the links become invalid.
Information for Pregnant Women
- New as of October 28th update:
Very science focused review article [PDF], may be a bit difficult to interpret for folks without a science background (if that’s not you, consider reading the intro and discussion). This is a live document so it is updated as new information emerges.
- Updated statement from the Society of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists of Canada [PDF]
- New as of May 27th:
https://sogc.org/common/Uploaded%20files/SOGC%20Statement%20on%20Pregnant%20WorkersMay%2015_FINAL%20(3).pdf [ PDF ] - A SUPER GREAT SUMMARY
- New as of April 30th: https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2589933320300483 (Breslin et al.)
- https://els-jbs-prod-cdn.jbs.elsevierhealth.com/pb/assets/raw/Health%20Advance/journals/ymob/43_COVID_040320-1586192348270.pdf [ PDF ]
*This is the most up to date summary that I can find as of this post. The Brits are considering vertical transmission but other groups are not yet convinced.
- https://s3.amazonaws.com/cdn.smfm.org/media/2267/COVID19-_updated_3-17-20_PDF.pdf [ PDF ]
Information on Children with COVID
- New as of April 30th: https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0929664620301431?via%3Dihub (Chang et al.)
- New as of April 30th: https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamapediatrics/fullarticle/2765169?resultClick=24 (Castagnoli et al.)
- New as of April 17th: https://www.cps.ca/en/documents/position/current-epidemiology-and-guidance-for-covid-19-march-2020